Why Study In Germany?
Germany has much to offer as a place to study .Internationally recognized qualification such as Bachelors & masters .This allows accumulation & transfer of study & exam modules .Germany is one of the most highly developed industrial nations in the world and, after the USA and Japan has the world’s third largest national economy.
Germany is a land of ideas. Education, science and research play a central role here. Germany is one of the countries most preferred by International students, a hub of cutting-edge international research and a constant source of new patents.
Germany is a place of remarkable beauty and stunning splendor. Its been associated with learning as the oldest university in Germany was founded in Heidelberg in 1386. Germany currently has more than 300 institutions of higher education that include 82 universities, 132 such institutions that offer shorter and practically oriented courses, and other institutions. Germany has a high turnout of foreign students as it offers a high range of study possibilities.
International degree programmes are designed to attract international students. They are well structured and based on working in small groups and include intensive guidance. The language of instruction is mainly English.The range of study opportunities cover Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level .One will find full range of about 650 international degree programmes offered in various disciplines, especially in engineering, natural sciences, computer sciences, business, economics, arts, commerce etc.
UNDERGRADUATE :13 years of Education is mandatory (12 + 1 year from University) If not then students can go via 1 year Foundation Course Or 10 years Education +3 years Diploma IELTS – 6.0 overall or TOEFL – 80 points (IBT) German Language B2 level
MASTERS : 15 & 16 years Education with 75 % or 2.75 GPA. IELTS – 6.5 overall or TOEFL – 85 points (iBT) German language upto 200 hrs – A1 level. GRE – Appeared, Attempt is fine.
MBA : • 15 & 16 years of Education with Relevant Subjects • IELTS – 6.5 or TOEFL – 85 points (iBT) • Work Experience 2 – 3 years prefered • GMAT – 550 (exceptionally required) • Some MBA programs do not required GMAT nor work experience.
The main intake offered by all Universities is September, Deadlines: from 15th Feb till 31st May.
Few universities offer in March, Deadlines: from 15th Nov till Jan Last.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
13years of Education is mandatory (12 + 1year from University)
If not then students can go via 1year Foundation Course
10 year Education + 3 year Diploma Ielts – 6.0 overall or Toefl – 80 points (IBT)
15 & 16 year Education with 75% or 2.75 GPA.
Ielts – 6.5 overall or TOEFL – 85points (IBT)
15 & 16 years of Education with Relevant Subjects
Ielts – 6.5 or TOEFL – 85points (IBT)
Work Experience 2 – 3 year at managerial level GMAT – 550
GMAT – 550 (exceptionally required)
Entry requirement for TU9 UNIVERSITY
15 & 16 year Education with 75% or 2.75 GPA.
Ielts – 6.5 overall or Toefl – 85points (IBT)
German language upto 200hrs
GRE – 1300
- 10th onwards all mark sheets, transcripts, consolidated marksheet, provisional & Degree
- English proficiency test Score card- IELTS or TOEFL
- Statement of purpose
- Two Letter of Recommendations (one from university & one from employer-if available)
- Updated CV with Education years & marks
- Extra curricular certificates & language certification (German, French etc) if available GMAT & GRE Score cards
- Passport copy
- Ten passport size photograph
NOTE: All academic documents, IELTS-TOEFL & GRE-GMAT & passport-front & back should be Notary Attested. LOR’s should be in sealed Envelope.
Tuition Fees: 1 EUR = ` 84
|Programs||Germany currency||Indian Currency|
|Bachelors||Euro 3000 – 5000||` 26,100 – 43,500|
|Masters||Euro 300 – 500||` 8,70,000 – 10,44,000|
|MBA||Euro 10000 – 12000||2,61,000 – 4,35,000|
For visa one need to show around 8040 euro for 1 year. but actual expense will be 350-400 euro per month.
Work Permit & Permanent Residency
Students are allowed to work part time upto 20 hours a week students can earn around 500-600 euro per month.
Basically internship is part of the course & after completing graduation or masters, students are eligible for 18 month job search visa. After getting a job in a relevant field one can extend stay upto 5 yrs on a work visa.
As per Blue Card Bill passed in 2012, International students also has an option of expressing interest for permanent Residency.
- Two Visa Application Forms (please make sure that both forms are duly filled out and signed indicating especially the address of your future residence in Germany – (question 15) as well as your complete address including telephone No. and E-Mail-address in India).
- Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information .
- Three passport pictures according to biometric specifications.
- Visa fee to be paid through Demand Draft made out to the “Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany” in New Delhi.
- Valid passport with a validity of at least 12 months along with two copies of all printed pages.
- Cover letter from applicant, explaining the exact purpose and duration of your stay in Germany.
- Letter of admission from the German University.
- Proof that study fees have been paid, if applicable. In case the fees are not paid or due yet, proof has to be provided that the necessary amount will be at the applicant’s disposal in due course of time.
- School Leaving Certificate of Secondary School.
- University Certificates (Degree Certificates and Mark Sheets).
- Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL / IELTS, original and A 4 sized copy). Exemptions do apply in case of a written confirmation from the University that this requirement may be waived, for applicants for PhD / Doctorate studies and Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Holders.
Part time employment in the Germany
- Students can work upto 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacations.
- Students can earn around 6 – 8 Euro per hour i.e. Approx 500 – 700 euro per week ( Rs. 40,000 – Rs. 50,000).
- Students can work full time during vacations.
- Students could look out for part-time jobs by looking in the local newspapers and job shops as well as the Universities and Colleges career cells where information is available about vacancies.
- However please note that students are not guaranteed part time employment by the University.
Employment in Germany
One year job Search Visa after Studies.